Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Feeling blue

Berries, that is.  My supermarket had huge blueberries for sale a few weeks ago and I purchased three
baskets and froze them in 1-cup measures.

Sorry for this blurry photo.  The iPad camera takes many hissy fits.  


I bet you have all the ingredients in the house.  Maybe you might have strawberries instead, or peaches.

An easy recipe that makes 12 nice sized muffins.  Can't see them but I used muffin liners.  I did make them once before and I added some orange zest.  I was feeling a bit zesty that day, I guess.  (I also happened to have an orange.) They freeze beautifully.

This recipe is from my blogging friend Faye, who writes the Blessed Hearth blog.  Here is a link
http://theblessedhearth.blogspot.com/search/label/blueberry%20muffin%20recipe.  Stop by some time, you will enjoy it.



Til next time!   xo

15 comments:

  1. Barbara, those look so good! I love blueberry muffins. This is the good kind of feeling blue!
    hugs,
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look great, Barbara, and your post was good timing. I have a pint of blueberries and it never occurred to me to make muffins! Thank you!

    Jane

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those look delicious, Barbara! I always try to pick up blueberries when the store has a good sale...they freeze so well, seem to last forever with no ill effects.
    I bet the ones with orange were divine...orange is my favorite favoring for desserts, even more than chocolate!
    Have a great rest of the week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh dear....Why am I looking at this before I've had breakfast??? Barbara, those blueberry muffins look so good and I wish I could share one with you. The addition of orange zest would be so tasty, and I suppose lemon would, too. Love your pretty red transferware plate that you used! May you have a great week! xo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Those look wonderful Barbara ! Have a lovely weekend my friend…

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ohh...your muffins look so yummy!
    Hugs
    Alessandra

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE muffins and especially blueberry! Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We may need blueberry muffins tomorrow morning when another snowstorm arrives. Course, blueberry muffins are good any time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Looks delicious, Barbara. You can ask me anything anytime about the move...Christine

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yummy! I didn't know you could freeze blueberries. I will have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  11. MMM, yum! I love blueberries and eat them almost everyday. The muffins look delish and I bet the orange yest makes the even better!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh Barbara it sure looks delish.
    Thank you for sweet note.
    Hugs,
    FABBY

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi again, Barb. Thanks for your visit today. Hope all is well at your house too!

    ReplyDelete
  14. these look sooooooo good...i just love muffins...and if i can find fruit in the freezer, i'm making these in the morning...xo

    ReplyDelete
  15. Barbara, I've been away from my blog; and today I am catching up on some of my favorites. These look delicious! They wouldn't last a day around here!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...